Monday, June 5, 2023

Mid-Century Bike Landscaping "Sculpture"

 

We love vintage bikes.  The look, the nostalgia, the design.  As an antique dealer, I have sold a fleet of them in my time. Many of them mid-century.  My husband has laid claim to two of them.  

(One of these I sold because someone offered me a great price, and my husband made me go get it back from them.) So when I asked him to give up one of them for the new house, it was dicey.  Especially when I said I wanted to paint it.....

He said I could have it if he did the painting.  Deal.  (Really, am I going to argue if someone wants to do some of the work for me?)  I would have painted it completely black, but he had other ideas.  His colors still tied in nicely with the black trim that I have planned for the whole house.  I knew that I wanted to set it in the neglected west flowerbed in front of the house...instead of flowers.  More like sculpture.

Real estate photo.


Kevin curved the white rock to mirror the sidewalk on the east side of the porch.  The rock for landscaping is never cheap ... but we did save some money by reusing the scalloped concrete flower borders that were already on the property.  Add a couple of shepherd hooks to keep it upright, boom.  Done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...