Thursday, May 25, 2023

Painting Furniture For The Primary Bedroom

 

We are so close to the proverbial finish line. And then I buy pieces of furniture that need paint. After selling antique furniture for 30 years, I am no stranger to painting furniture.  It doesn't intimidate me, but it stresses me because we are so short on time and it's just another thing to do. So many final details.

I bought both of these bedside tables for $24 from the thrift store.  Solid wood, but with a little water damage on top. Another $10 on paint from Lowe's -- gold to match the curtains.  I have to say kudos to the paint department.  They went above and beyond to match the curtains.

First a little sanding.....then the gold paint.  I had turned it into "chalk paint" using plaster of paris. There are recipes online if you are interested.  Chalk paint sticks great to slick surfaces, with very little chance of peeling off.  It also extends the paint a bit. I still ended up doing three coats.

Next the credenza.  I bought this from Facebook Marketplace for $350. (More than I should have paid, but no time or energy to keep looking).  It already had been a fixer upper, so I didn't feel badly about painting over anything original. I painted black over all of the green.


It will be a great height for people to put their suitcases on.  And if anyway has a longer stay, they may want to actually use the drawers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...