Monday, May 8, 2023

Just Another Day At The Office

 

Today was Monday.  Not after having a weekend away from the Mid-Century AirBNB, just another day.  First thing to tackle -- painting black on outside of both exterior doors.  I had them already prepped with all sorts of fancy spraypaint that is supposed to help with adhesion. The paint is a good quality exterior that is supposed to be good for doors, but "True Black" it isn't.  More like charcoal gray. (Why would they call it "True Black" when it clearly isn't?)  The doors turned out pretty good, just a little detail work left. After my husband gets home tonight we will drag the front door from the "spraypaint shed" and re-install it.  We haven't had a front door for a week, and a sheet behind the screen door doesn't offer much security.

Then "surprise".  Lowe's brought the new refrigerator at 9:15 am.  The delivery window was between 10 am - 2 pm, so I am glad I was there.  Why do I feel like I can check this off my list when I didn't do anything?

Second job -- finish putting together the second nightstand for the primary bedroom.  Also, take apart the one I did yesterday and do it right this time.  Now the drawer opens.  Also .... someone was not paying attention when the description said how tall these nightstands were. We will have to figure out a way to raise them up to bed level. Update: ended up just donating these two, buying two used bedstands and painting them.

Third job -- unbox one of the bookshelf headboards that is going in the front bedroom.  MUCH assembly required.  Bedsides unboxing (which they didn't even count in their 15-step assembly list) I accomplished step 1.  And yes, there are two headboards.  I am 1/30 of the way done.  With that thought, it is time to call it a day. If you could read between the lines, I am about at a mental, emotional and physical breakdown here.  The family reunion was just a couple weeks away, and I needed the house to be functional by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...