Thursday, May 4, 2023

Finished In The Bathroom

 

"Mama said there'd be days like this ...."  that is what Bob said before his THIRD trip to the hardware store / while he was working on a Saturday / after finding rotted boards around the toilet area / after he ran out of hexagon tile in the shower (which I had him buy, because I didn't trust myself to purchase the right amount.)

I purchased the gray tile for the rest of the bathroom floor at Habitat Restore weeks ago.  I didn't trust myself to purchase the right amount then either.  So I bought all of it -- slight overkill.  But still only paid $26. Well, it all turned out splendidly.  


And it gave me incentive to finish the walls.  That stenciling on the upper half? It about did me in. I have to say -- I wouldn't recommend it.  I definitely would do something different if I had a do-over. Yes, it looks good and was cheap -- but it was just stinking hard work. Not for the faint of heart.  The mirror came from an antique store for $14.  The light above that is the original brown fixture, just spraypainted.  Same vanity and sink, but we used silver fixtures that were left in the house.

Specialty glass guys came and measured for the shower door and later installed it.  They did an awesome job and it was not as expensive as getting a glass door from Lowe's and having it installed.

The stylish bathroom light / exhaust fan.  Quiet and looks great.


The bathroom is by far the smallest room in the house.  And by far the most expensive.  AND the most time consuming for both Bob and I. The most blood and sweat.  But also the most important.  Someday I may be able to look at it without remembering how exhausted it made me. And caused me to have plantar fasciitis for the next 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...