Saturday, March 18, 2023

We Discovered A Mid-Century Shop!

 

(This beauty is on our wish list.)
Constantly trolling through Facebook Marketplace has paid off in a variety of ways.  One is discovering a mecca of retro.  Hakaar's Bazaar in Springfield, MO -- purveyors of mid-century wares.  Furniture, artwork, macrame, lighting, kitchenware, decor galore.  A very dangerous place to visit if you are trying to fill an entire house.  On our first visit we came away with:  

A blonde corner desk & chair (chair not shown) -- hard to envision anything cooler than this, but there actually were more max extreme cool stuff in the store -- we just couldn't afford them.  And my husband didn't manage to take pics of them. (I bought the brass table lamp at my thrift store for $5 after my sister reminded me that we had a "table lamp" in the 1970s.)

THEEE most awesome swag light.  I have been looking for a swag light to hang in the entryway.  Something great for the wow factor.  And this was it. Update:  really wanted the light hanging in the front entry.  but it was too long, and the entry was too short.  so the light ended up in the den. Lastly a blonde cabinet, I can think of about three places to put it.  I am not going to tell you how much we paid for these, because the price tag doesn't fit our "Mid-Century On A Budget" mantra.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...