Friday, March 10, 2023

Picking Up A Huge Load Of Facebook Marketplace Loot

 

"Huge lot of household items. All in great condition, just downsizing. Priced to sell, first come first serve. $30 for all." Used all throw pillows except the round one. Would have been worth it just for the pillows.

That is what the ad said, and I don't even know why I looked at it. But there were several things that caught my eye -- what I thought was a faux fur throw (which I have been pricing and decided I just couldn't afford) and it turned out to be a comforter. I donated the faux fur comforter to the thrift store. but kept the pillow shams that matched and used them to cover throw pillows.

Five decorative vases. Used the middle three in primary bedroom.
Donated the outside two.

Two sculptural orb thingies, which I love. Used both.

And what I thought were a couple light fixtures -- hard to tell from her photos. They turned out to be candleholders, which I do like. Used one, donated one. Definitely everything together was well worth the $30.

Besides these items that I could use for the new AirBNB there was: a girl's bike, blankets, a desk that needed assembly, Christmas items, a George Foreman grill, clothes, and an air purifier. (Postscript: The air purifier sold on ebay for way more than the $30 given for the lot.) The air purifier will go on ebay, but the rest will be donated to my thrift store. I am anxious to get my hands dirty doing some renovation. Closing is a week from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...