Thursday, March 30, 2023

Mid-Century Metal Lawn Chairs -- SWOON!

 


I may not have always been sold on the mid-century look (I lived it baby!) But through my entire antiquing career I never failed to be in love with the old metal lawn chairs.  You know, the kind that used to sit in front of roadside motels.  I have bought and sold DOZENS.  But I have also managed to keep about a dozen.  

And out of those I am only donating one to the newest AirBNB.  The double glider.  It still glides like a breeze.  While I do love the two-tone chippy paint, not everyone is convinced that they want to sit on rust.  So I revved up my palm sander and smoothed down all of the rough spots.  

Here it is after the first coat of orange.
I sprayed all the "bare" or rusty spots with a Rustoleum primer (because I happened to have a can). But I don't think this step was necessary with the quality of spray paint Rustoleum makes.  I decided to do the chairs in the firepit area in citrus colors. The glider is Rustic Orange.  


On the same day I started working on the glider, I found four matching mid-century (folding!) metal lawn chairs on Facebook Marketplace for $150.  They will eventually be gold and white. We have a fantastic area for a firepit, and these chairs will be surrounding the firepit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...