Sunday, April 2, 2023

Family Heirloom Finds A Place In The MCM AirBNB

My parents weren't "keepers".  They got rid of anything they weren't using.  We didn't have much from the 1950s in the 1970s.  Much less in 2023.  But somehow this humble little formica table survived.  It was taken out of commission in a breakfast nook when we moved in 1969.  From there it served in a laundry area until 1976.  Then in a large pantry room.  It came to me about five years ago.  Since then it has been a "desk" in our mudroom.

 
We bought a little enamel topped table a couple weeks ago from Facebook Marketplace for $100. I think I overspent on it because it reminded me so much of the one from my parents. We had hopes of putting it in the new Airbnb kitchen.  The enamel top was in great condition, but the legs weren't really secure enough. Argh!!



We decided to trade out my family "heirloom" table (left) and put the enamel topped one in our mudroom.  The heirloom table has a tan formica top that will look great in the tan kitchen.  A little piece of my family history in the new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...