Monday, March 6, 2023

Buying All Of Our Paint From Habitat Restore

 

I purchased (what I hope will be) all of the paint that we will need for our Mid-Century AirBNB today.  Eight Gallons from Habitat Restore.  First of all we saved money. $17 A GALLON instead of $40+ at Lowe's.  I bought it all today -- because the company ships it in "batches".  All of the paint in this batch will probably match, no guarantee that the next batch matches this batch.  Better to buy it all at once.  Eight gallons for $126!! And no tax at the ReStore.  No tax on $126 -- yippee!  If I could go back in time, this would be my main do-over.  I ended up having to do SEVERAL coats on every surface.  I should have just sprung for Behr paint, and saved myself six months of plantar fasciitis from going up and down ladders.

If you are doing the math, it may not come out quite right.  That is because I found a "shamrock" today and got an additional discount.

The "Green Sheen" paint is eco friendly.  I agree with their philosophy. So while we are saving money, we are also supporting Habitat Restore and GreenSheen Paint.

Why is GreenSheen Paint So Inexpensive?

As a latex paint recycling company, GreenSheen Paint is paid to accept paint for recycling. While other paint manufacturers pay for the raw materials to make their product, GreenSheen uses the millions of gallons of unwanted paint that we collect through statewide recycling programs. We use our proprietary latex paint processing technology to purify and refine the paint that we collect, turning it back into premium latex paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...