Saturday, May 20, 2023

Furnishing & Decorating The Front Bedroom

 The front bedroom is the first room to be completely furnished and decorated.  I am sure I will do some tweaking, but I would call it done.  The theme for it was soothing grays, but with a bit of fun. Left to right as you stand in the doorway:

Vintage folding Samsonite chair in the corner -- guests can easily fold it and get it out of the way if they aren't using it. I tried to leave plenty of floor space for suitcases and making the beds.


Let's start with the twin beds in the front bedroom. The Zinus Cool Touch mattresses were ordered from Walmart for $178 each. I did quite a bit of research before going with that company. They arrived on my front porch in big boxes.  Which I then had to haul to the Mid-Century AirBNB and release from their bindings.  

A funny note was inside each box, asking for you to give the note to "the responsible one".  
Well, what if there isn't a responsible person on the premises?  
I still don't know what the note said, I didn't read it. I didn't feel worthy.

Steel bedframes were also from Walmart, $131 for both. My son put them together for me as a Mother's Day gift -- it was a great MD gift. I feel myself aging by the second with this renovation. Bookshelf headboards (we looked everywhere for authentic mid-century ones and gave up) were $235 for both, also from Walmart. (They were beasts to assemble.) Mattress protectors and pillow covers were free from Amazon because we had Discover cashback. Four pillows were $37 from Sam's Club.

The gray cotton quilts were purchased from Kohl's, $112 for both. We have them in our bunk room of our other AirBNB and know that they wear well and are reversible.  Two sets of geometric gray sheets were purchased from Kohl's for $43.  Vintage Wooden nightstand between the two beds was purchased from Habitat Restore for $20. I left it wood instead of painting it, because I thought it went well with the beaded closet door. 

On the headboard is a sound machine that projects colored lights.  I would call that fun!

Wall Art -- just one large floral print in those soothing gray tones.  Assembled from thrift store parts -- $12.


Beaded closet door.  Purchased on Facebook Marketplace for $20.
I figure this will be the kid room, and they will love hiding in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...