Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Finished Construction In The Kitchen!!

 

When I say we are finished in the kitchen, I mean 
The bones.  The foundation on which we can start equipping the kitchen for use.
And soon the fun stuff -- decorating.
Bob finished hooking up the plumbing to the kitchen sink.


And the last bracket finally arrived from Amazon, so the open shelves went up.
I painted all of them matte black -- I love the look with the metal and countertops.
Update: Ended up having to paint them all semi-gloss black so that I could clean them.
Bob made a little plate groove on the back of each shelf, so I can stand up plates.

Bob hung the pendant light that I put a mercury glass finish on.

I finished painting the walls tan -- three coats of cutting in and two coats of rolling. Argh!
Not for the weak of heart.  I went out and purchased metal electrical plate covers to blend with the corrugated metal.  

It actually went very close to the original kitchen plan.
. Except for not being able to use the first countertop that we had purchased.  Overall, pretty good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...