Thursday, June 22, 2023

MCM Looking Planter For Front Of The House

 

From the very beginning I wanted a large planter for the front of the house.
But it was mind-bending trying to think of what we really needed.
(And trying to get two people to agree.)

Plus we knew we wanted to incorporate the six breeze blocks that we had snagged.
(Purchased them from Habitat Restore for $11!!)
So I thought we needed to do concrete.
My husband thought wood, but I wanted it to last....
A heavy duty plastic planter from Home Depot was our compromise --  30 in. H, 10 in. W and 38 in. L. About $160.

I good place to display the address numbers --
who knew that they would cost $10 each?

The ornamental grass was $5 each at Lowe's.
Large black polished rocks were $14 at Lowe's.
I bought 10 bags of small black polished rocks at Dollar Tree (another $14),
but only ended up needing four of them.  

It was an expensive feature,
but I think it will be a good mid-century focus for the front of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...