Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Overview Of Window Treatments In The House

 

To hang curtains over patio doors or not?
If it were a house I was living in, then no.
The view is four acres of rolling fields and trees.  Very private.
But I figure not everyone feels secure without curtains. 
So I selected very light, filmy ones that wouldn't darken the room and could be pulled back easily.
The curtains were only $3 at the local junk store.  The bad news: the curtain rod was $76 at Lowe's.


Four plain black (reads dark gray) curtain panels for the living room picture window.  I wanted the focus to be on the view, not the curtains.  I got the curtain rod for $3 at a garage sale (spraypainted the finials to get them a silver that I liked).  The curtains were purchased from Walmart for $54.

The Front Bedroom has soothing gray tones, so I chose a faux tie-dye curtain wall.  I used FOUR twin bed sheets to pull that off -- Eddie Bauer from Target.  Approximately $25 per twin bed set -- yes that does add up.  (On the bright side -- I have four twin bed fitted sheets and four pillowcases for the two twin beds that will go in that room.) The "curtain rod" was a stair handrail that we bought at Habitat Restore for $9.  The "curtain rod holders" are coat hooks that were purchased from Lowe's for $6 each X 7.  Yep pricey, But if you consider that it is an entire wall...  And then there is a second smaller window.  The curtain rod for it was $20, and the curtains were purchased from Walmart for $27.

The primary bedroom curtain were ones I had purchased at a garage sale a year ago for $10.
Three panels on one window and two on the other, 84".
Two curtain rods were cheapies from Walmart for $30.


Last, but not least are the den vintage barkcloth curtain.  I have had the fabric forever, and they are a little worse for the wear but I couldn't pass on them for a mid-century look.  Curtain patches were $8.  Curtain rod for one window was a piece of wood purchased for $6 from TrueValue (I already had the curtain rod hooks from somewhere else).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...