Sunday, May 28, 2023

Furnishing & Decorating The Primary Bedroom

The theme in this bedroom is geometric patterns and pops of gold.  A queen-sized mattress and steel bed frame were hand-me-downs from one of our children (so that sounds free, but we actually paid about $600 for them a little over a year ago.)  Chrome and black headboard was purchased from Habitat Restore for $35.  Sealy mattress protector was about $25 from Kohl's. Pillow covers were free from Amazon because we had Discover cashback. Four pillows were $37 from Sam's Club. 

Bedding.  We chose this very boring gray bedspread for two reasons: #1 We have it at our other AirBNB and it wears GREAT.  Easy to wash.  Reversible.  #2 It is a great neutral backdrop to those color pops I mentioned earlier.  I bought two of these from Home Depot for $100.  We purchased two sets of sheets at a weird discount grocery supply store for only $45.  So if they don't hold up well, I won't be too sad.
Update: total waste of $45.

The two cone-shaped reading lamps on the wall were from Walmart, $18 each.

Bedside tables.  BIG SIGH.  OK, I paid $127 for a pair of orange nightstands from Walmart.  And realized they were too short.  Drop back and punt.  I paid $24 for the nice sized wooden pair from my favorite thrift store and $10 for paint.  I guess you could say that $160 for a pair of bedside tables isn't bad....or you could beat yourself up for spending $127 for basically nothing.

That still left room for a credenza. Credenzas are SUCH a cool mid-century item.  I knew I wanted one somewhere in this house.  Just before completing the final details in this bedroom, I found one on Facebook Marketplace that I really liked -- $350. Yes, that is a lot of money.  But lower than most that I really liked. (And then of course I repainted it.) We paid $20 at our thrift store for the large mirror on top of it.

Wall art.  The MCM adhesive wall design was around $50 for 6 strips -- but we only used 5 because I wanted a center. They weren't what I would call easy to hang, but it wasn't too bad.  Round metal collage was $7 from Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...