Thursday, April 13, 2023

Progress In The Kitchen - Day 2

 It occurred to me while lying in bed, that Bob might be hanging the kitchen shelves today.  That meant that the wall behind them needed to be painted.  So I rolled out of bed and got to the MCM AirBNB by 8:30 am to start rolling the kitchen walls.  I only beat Bob by about 5 minutes.  But I did get the walls rolled while he finished the metal accent wall and figured out the "backsplash" of corrugated metal over the countertop.

At the end of the (very productive) day Bob had: 

-- Finished the metal corrugated wall on the west end of the kitchen.


-- Finished the backsplash metal above the countertop.

-- Trimmed out the backsplash with 1"x 2" boards that I had purchased, sanded AND spraypainted black yesterday. Ended up having to paint the backsplash trim.

-- Put up heavy duty brackets for 3 out of 4 open shelves.  He would have had all of them up, but I didn't get all of them ordered in time, the last won't arrive until Sunday.


At the end of my (very exhausting) day, I had:

-- Rolled one coat of tan in kitchen

-- Did some touch up paint in kitchen

-- Filled grooves in bathroom with mud

-- Ran to hardware store for mirror spraypaint, mud, kitchen sink baskets

-- Rolled and cut in one coat of tan in the den

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open House & Now A Well Deserved Rest

Real estate photo -- "before" "after" -- Sunday Open House Sunday afternoon was our open house at our Mid-Century Modern...